One of my friends recently got married. It was a shock to us all since well.. we're 23 - 24. And most of us don't even have boyfriends, jobs, or are even done with school.
She's the kind of girl who had a whole bunch of boyfriends growing up and everytime she swore he was 'the one' "I'm telling you girls, this is it, I'm getting married with this one" I can't even tell you many times I heard that. Let's say she's into marriage. Not like in a gold digger way or anything. She's just a natural housewife. In my group of friends you will find about everything. From the hopeless romantics who find the love of their life three times a year, to the one who dates all the wrong guys. From the one in a serious relationship to another one traveling the world and from workaholics to party lovers. It's a big group, we're just lovely. Her thing tho, finding the right guy and getting married. And so she did. We were very excited when she told us, the first one to get married! We looked forward to this event like it was our own wedding. So it happened about 3 months ago. The party was great, she looked beautiful, everything was perfect.
But the whole thing got me thinking.. Someone my age is getting married. Like, my friend. Like we were in school together yesterday, And then it hit me.. We really are growing up. When did it happen? And how do we make it stop?! No, but seriously though, I just thought of the huge step of getting married, and if I ever wanted to. What am I even saying? Of course I do, just not quite yet. (Not that I have any plans or anything.. or a boyfriend for that matter, ha.!) but I just thought that there are so many things I would like to do first, before taking such a huge step in my life. Even when I've found the one. There are things to accomplish on my own, both personally and profesionally, but I guess not everyone feels that way and it's ok. People's interests are just different. And it doesn't mean something is right or wrong. Whatever makes you happy is just about fine. But for example, I can tell you for sure that I want to travel, that I wanna work at Disney and study an MBA somewhere in the world. And those are not things that I'd give up.. I can do that, and then I can get married. But I guess you really ever know I mean, what do you know? What if I meet the love of my life and he wants to marry me the next day. Anyway that's another story I'm going completely out of context here. So yeah, my friend got married and now.. after not even 3 months she's just given us the news.. SHE'S PREGNANT!!!!! Imagine our schock. She always said she wanted to wait, We always knew she wouldn't. So a baby's in the oven and my friends and I will be aunties! How crazy is that? We are all very excited about the news and also very proud. Where we are from it's been kind of a trend to get pregnant. Obviously not planned and obviously there's no marriage but everyone always seem to be ok with it. As if! Even if they say a baby is always a blessing (which I do believe too) I'd still freak the hell out if it happened to me. Even if it was with my own boyfriend. But yeah, that's just me. But it was such a nice surprise to hear about it this way. The first baby, and he or she will be born in marriage! It wasn't completely unexpected! It wasn't bad news! It was positive!
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario